Juliana Tobon completed her Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology under the supervision of Graham Reid at Western University in London, Ontario. Her program of research has investigated parents’ experiences in seeking and receiving mental health services in Ontario’s children’s mental health system. For her dissertation, she developed a parent and youth measure of Continuity of Care in Children’s Mental Health. While continuity is a stated goal of most, if not all, agencies providing mental health services for children and a specific objective of Ontario’s Comprehensive Mental Health and Addictions Strategy, no measures of continuity of care existed for children’s mental health.
- Juliana Tobon was a postdoc at the Offord Centre from 2013-14, and worked on the 2014 Ontario Child Health Study – examining the mental health and functioning of 10,530 children in families and neighbourhoods across Ontario
- She is now Psychologist at the Youth Wellness Centre, St. Joseph’s Healthcare. The YWC serves youth ages 17-25 who are experiencing significant mental health and addictions concerns. Dr. Tobon will provide psychological
interventions to youth and their families, and will also lead the development and implementation of a strategy for building capacity for evidence-based youth-centered care at SJHH's Mental Health and Addictions Program.
- Tobon, J.I., Reid, G.J., Goffin, R. (2013). Continuity of care in children’s mental health: Development of a measure. Administration and Policy in Mental Health and Mental Health Services Research. DOI: 10.1007/s10488-013-0518-0
- Tobon, J.I., Ouimet, A.J., Dozois, D.A. (2011). Attentional bias in anxiety disorders following cognitive behavioural treatment. Journal of Cognitive Psychotherapy, 25(2), 114-129.
- Tobon, J.I., Eichstedt, J., Phoenix, E., Wolfe, V., Brisebois, S., Zayed, R. & Harris, K. (2011). Group cognitive-behavioral therapy for anxiety in a clinical setting: Does child involvement predict outcome? Behavior Therapy, 42, 306-322.
For further publications click here.
- Children’s mental health services
- Continuity of care
- System-level interventions
Education, Memberships & Certifications
- M.Sc., University of Western Ontario
- Ph.D., University of Western Ontario