Annual operations at the Offord Centre for Child Studies represent an investment of more than $3.5 million.
1. Core Operations ($1.3 million annually) are covered by three revenue sources:
- McMaster University (24%) – provides Core Research Faculty Salaries and a proportion (13%) of support staff salaries
- Hamilton Health Sciences (10%) – provides physical space as well as cleaning and maintenance services
- Philanthropic support (4%) – assists the Offord Centre in maintaining and expanding our ability to fulfill our mission on a daily basis:
- Research chairs & professorships
- Pilot study funding
- Post-graduate fellowships and scholarships
- Communication & education programs
- Infrastructure support for research programs such as furniture, equipment, and computers, telephone, fax, and office supplies, staffing costs not covered by other sources, mailing costs, etc.
2. Research grants (62%) – ($2.6 million annually) support more than 40 different research projects ongoing at the Offord Centre.