The Offord Centre for Child Studies’ director, Dr. Ellen Lipman, and Offord Centre researcher and co-director of McMaster Autism Research Team (MacART), Dr. Stelios Georgiades, will host the 30th McMaster University Department of Psychiatry and Behavioural Neursociences’ Research Day on May 2, 2018.
This year themed Risk and Resilience in Child and Youth Mental Health, the annual Research Day brings together faculty, staff and learners to discuss the broad scope of research work taking place within the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioural Neurosciences and its clinical sites and laboratories.
A full day is planned, with confirmed speakers so far including:
- Dr. William Gardner, Senior Research Chair, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, and Director of the Centre for Pediatric Mental Health Services and Policy Research, Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario (CHEO).
- Dr. Zena Samaan, McMaster University psychiatrist specializing in mood disorders and the comorbidity of depression with medical disorders and addiction.
- Dr. Michael Amlung, Director of the Cognitive Neuroscience of Addictions Laboratory (CNALab) at McMaster.
The full program of Research Day will follow in the coming weeks; keep checking the McMaster Psychiatry Dept. Events page.
Feb. 28, 2018 is the deadline for abstracts for posters, an important highlight of Research Day.
We will be honouring the ‘best abstracts’ from six groups of learners during the Awards Presentation.
- Two posters from Undergraduate Students (Clinical/Education and Non-Clinical)
- Two posters from Graduate Students (Clinical/Education and Non-clinical)
- One poster from Psychiatry/Psychology Residents
- One poster from Postdoctoral Fellows
The Research Staff Recognition Award, which is given out on Research Day, is open for nominations until March 30, 2018. Nominees can be (full-time or part-time) Research Coordinators, Research Assistants, Research Support and Administrative Staff, Research Laboratory Personnel, and Research Laboratory Technologists. The nominee must be supervised by an active research investigator associated with McMaster University, Department of Psychiatry & Behavioural Neurosciences.
Registration is open for Research Day until April 23, 2018.award, behavioural neurosciences, CHEO, clinical, Events, graduate, Hamilton, HHS, mcmaster, Mohawk College, postdoctral, psychiatry, psychology, research, researcher, SJHH, undergraduate
Categorised in: Events