- Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioural Neurosciences
Jill McTavish is a postdoctoral fellow in the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioural Neurosciences, supervised by Harriet MacMillan. She received her Ph.D. from the Faculty of Information & Media Studies at Western University in 2013. Jill has worked as an information professional in a hospital setting, where she conducted mediated searches (including systematic reviews) for allied health professionals.
Currently Jill is working on the VEGA (Violence Evidence Guidance Action) Family Violence Project, led by Harriet MacMillan. In this project the VEGA team has developed pan-Canadian public health guidance and educational resources for healthcare and social service providers related to recognizing and responding safely to family violence. In this work Jill has the privilege to consult as a Technical Advisor to the World Health Organization in their parallel child maltreatment guideline development work.
- McTavish, J. R., Sverdlichenko, I., MacMillan, H. L., Wekerle, C. (2019). Child sexual abuse, disclosure and PTSD: A systematic and critical review. Child Abuse & Neglect, 92, 196-208.
- McTavish, J. R., Kimber, M., Devries, K., Colombini, M., MacGregor, J. C. D., Wathen, C. N., … MacMillan, H. L. (2017). Mandated reporters’ experiences with reporting child maltreatment: A meta-synthesis of qualitative studies. BMJ Open, 7(10), e013942.
- McTavish, J. R., MacGregor, J. C. D., Wathen, C. N., & MacMillan, H. L. (2016). Children’s exposure to intimate partner violence: an overview. International Review of Psychiatry, 28(5), 504–518.
For further publications click here.
- Child maltreatment
- Review methodology
Education, Memberships & Certifications
- Ph.D., Western University
- MLIS, Western University
- BAH, University of Guelph